Bronx Art Deco Bus Tour
When: Sunday, April 9th, from 1:00 – 6:00 pm
Where: Bus will pick-up on the Upper East Side.
Where: The specific meeting location will be announced the week
Where: prior to3 the event to those who register.
About the Event:
Join ADSNY for a bus tour of the fabulous Art Deco treasures of The Bronx, led by our own Tony Robins.
Of all the boroughs beyond Manhattan, none can match the Bronx’s reputation as an Art Deco stronghold.
Besides the many wonders on the Grand Concourse – notably its famous “fish building” – we will also see:
- The Park Plaza Apartments, first Art Deco apartment house built in the Bronx
- Noonan Plaza, its successor in High Bridge
- The Wagner Building and the Dollar Savings Bank at Fordham Road
- The main Bronx post office
- The Bronx County building
- The Rainey Gates at the Bronx Zoo
- Herman Ridder Jr. High School on Boston Road – a rare Art Deco public school building.
The afternoon will also include a special tour and reception in the splendidly restored Art Deco lobby of an ADSNY member’s stunning apartment building.
The bus will pick-up and drop-off at a location on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. For those of you who would prefer to meet in the Bronx, you will be able to meet us at the first stop on the tour.
We are only able to offer this tour every three or four years – if you missed the last one, this is your chance to see the wonderful Art Deco in the Bronx.
This bus tour has limited seating. Sign up today to guarantee your spot.
Early bird special! Prices will go up for this tour — register today to take advantage of these discounted prices.
Jazz Age Order Members: $35.00
Jazz Age Order Guests: $70.00
You can register through PayPal. You don’t have to join PayPal to pay with your credit card.
• Click the “Donate” button above
• At PayPal: click on “I don’t have a PayPal account”
• Choose donation amount
• Donate with your credit card