Deco From Murray Hill to Gramercy Park
Where: Exact Meeting Location to be announced to those who
Where: register the week prior to the event.
About the Event:
Join us as architectural historian and Deco expert, Tony Robins, leads us on a new ADSNY tour exploring the varied Art Deco architecture and design from Murray Hill to Gramercy Park.
Although the low-scale residential neighborhood of Murray Hill, tucked in the shadows of Midtown skyscrapers, still shelters many of its residents in brownstones and townhouses dating back as far as pre-Civil War days, this tour will feature some of New York’s most notable examples of Art Deco architecture and design.
This unusual collection of buildings highlights how the Art Deco style was utilized to create unique architectural treasures––each different from the next. On this walk through Manhattan we will see:
- A surprising modernist apartment building tucked among the genteel townhouses of Murray Hill
- One of Ely Jacques Kahn’s most impressive office buildings, as well as another wonderful Kahn design
- A work designed by the great French ironwork master, Edgar Brandt
- The iconic Empire State Building, inside and out
- An incomplete attempt by Metropolitan Life to capture the Empire State Building’s “World’s Tallest” title
- A special building that has some of the most eye-catching Art Deco terracotta ornamentation in the city, Gramercy House
…and much more. Get your tickets today!
There is a $2.00 processing fee for each ticket to this event. Once you complete the registration form below and press the “Add to Cart” button, you will see a $2.00 per ticket processing fee. This processing fee is labeled “Shipping.”
Please note: ADSNY does not mail event tickets. When you register, your name(s) and contact information are added to the event’s list of attendees. The PayPal confirmation that you receive, via email, after your payment is completed is the confirmation of your registration for the event.
Jazz Age Order Members: $25.00
Jazz Age Order Guest: $40.00
You can register through PayPal. You don’t have to join PayPal to pay with your credit card.
• Click the “Donate” button above
• At PayPal: click on “I don’t have a PayPal account”
• Choose donation amount
• Donate with your credit card