Art Deco in Manhattan’s East Fifties
Where: Exact Meeting Location to be announced to those who
Where: register the week prior to the event.
About the Event:
Join us as architectural historian and Deco expert, Tony Robins, leads us on a new ADSNY tour exploring the varied Art Deco architecture along Manhattans East 50s from Beekman Place to Rock Center.
On this tour, we will visit a handful of Art Deco and modernistic residential buildings that range from apartment houses designed for the fabulously wealthy, such as River House, to the more modestly middle-class residences of the equally beautiful Southgate apartments.
Highlights will also include:
- Panhellenic Tower, originally designed to be a redoubt for young professional women taking on the big city in the 1920s
- The over-the-top, original General Electric Building, which reflects the modernity of it’s original tenants
- The Waldorf Astoria, New York’s preeminent skyscraper hotel that is currently undergoing a massive restoration and conversion project
- The delightful Goelet Building, New York’s best kept Deco secret.
- Rockefeller Center, one of the most famous Art Deco centers in the world
This tour is guaranteed to fill. Register today to make sure you do not miss out!
Personal audio devices will be available for each tour participant to enhance the overall experience.
There is a $2.00 processing fee for each ticket to this event. Once you complete the registration form below and press the “Add to Cart” button, you will see a $2.00 per ticket processing fee. This processing fee is labeled “Shipping.”
Please note: ADSNY does not mail event tickets. When you register, your name(s) and contact information are added to the event’s list of attendees. The PayPal confirmation that you receive, via email, after your payment is completed is the confirmation of your registration for the event.
Jazz Age Order Members: $29.00
Jazz Age Order Guest: $44.00
You can register through PayPal. You don’t have to join PayPal to pay with your credit card.
• Click the “Donate” button above
• At PayPal: click on “I don’t have a PayPal account”
• Choose donation amount
• Donate with your credit card